I had no complaints, but no comments or positive feedback, either. Too busy?
Seriously, let me know if, every now and then, you like having wisdom presented this way...
- If you want people to take a chance on you, they have to trust you. To trust you, they have to like you. But they won’t like you if they don’t know you. For people to think of you as a real person, be yourself and share some of who you really are.
- No one can make you learn. You may be given access to books, videos, speakers and training programs. But you’re in total control of whether you learn anything. You only learn what you want to learn. What do you have a strong desire to learn about?
- There’s no end to a learning journey. This is part of what makes life interesting and worthwhile. You will never get to the end of improving the kind of person you are – your people skills and personal strengths.
- Improving a people skill or personal strength takes commitment, patience and perseverance. You can do it. Just remember it could take many months for you to get the results you want.
- Give yourself credit for your successes, even the smallest ones. Every time you do this, it’s like making a deposit in a bank account of self-esteem and self-confidence. But you have to make the deposits to earn the interest.
Wishing you health and success...
Post by Dennis E. Coates, Ph.D., Copyright 2011. Building Personal Strength .