"Ability is a wonderful thing, but its value is greatly enhanced by dependability." - Robert Heinlein
Magnolia Solutions), replied:
"I agree and find that even my best intentions at times do not get me as far as I want to be....yet I will keep trying!!"
I immediately thought, yes, every life journey is challenging beyond all expectations. Those who prevail are those who persevere...
And then a flood of thoughts about perseverance flooded my mind...
- Challenges and adversity come with the territory, so let the shock of disappointment pass.
- Disappointment is normal, so if you want to be in the game, stay in the game.
- An endeavor is always harder at first, but it will get easier.
- The experience you get by continuing to try will make you more adept at what you're doing.
- The experience of continuing to do the work will teach you what you must do next.
- The longer you stay in the game, the more likely you'll be to get a lucky break - a change in the situation, a new supporter, new information, a new idea...
- It's hard for everyone, opponents and competitors also get discouraged and many decide to quit.
- Mistakes and setbacks along the way will teach you.
- The little successes along the way will encourage you.
- Often if you never give up, you'll be the last one standing.
Claire, thanks for inspiring these thoughts. Reading your tweet was my lucky break for the day. I hope my thoughts inspire you, too.
Post by Dennis E. Coates, Ph.D., Copyright 2012. Building Personal Strength .